The spirit of God like a fire is burning.
Were you singing along with me? The past weekend my family, (and by family I mean my Mom, Dad, Kera, Brenda as well as myself.) It was a little weird. Not in a bad way, but I don't think we have been on a trip since I was 6 years old, and that was to a reunion in Island Park.
For what reason, you may ask? Well, my cousins husband was baptized and became a member of our church. Something like this doesn't happen every day and we went down to support their little family in this life changing, wonderful, heart-felt experience.
I'm no scriptorian, as a matter of fact it's not even a word on spell check, but there is a scripture that says something like; "... if you bring but one soul unto me how great will be your joy." There you have it, JOY. We are grateful to the missionaries that taught them the gospel. Just to think of this little family and the blessings that will enter their lives is sweet.
I remember when my cousin came up to visit and we were at our grandpa's place years ago and she asked him to tell us something wise, or important since he had lived a long adventurous life, and his response was; "family, your family is the most important thing." I will never forget that. I don't know what I expected him to say but for some reason it just became profound.
Now, like a hen gathers her chicks, we have, in a since, been gathered; my cousin, her husband and their kids, and all of us together with our families.
It was one of those glimpses into eternity this past weekend.
2 comments:
That is GREAT that he got baptized!! Woo hoo! I'm very glad you got to be there in support of this very important decision. I can't wait to hear details at our SOS lunch... whenever it is (I forgot the date).
It sounds like you all had a nice time there. I wish we could have made it down too.
Post a Comment