Today at work I got to test some kindergartener's. It can be quite entertaining at times and today was no exception.
The questions that I have to ask them are like; recognizing shapes, colors, naming letters and seeing what numbers they recognize, (the number "5" being the most popular) we also ask them if they know the days of the week and "Can you name the seasons?" I try to prompt them if they get stumped by saying, "Look out the window, can you tell me what season it is outside?" Most of them don't know the seasons yet, but one little boy thought about it real hard and said, "there's deer season," and with my prompt he said, "and bear season." I thought I was going to bust but I refrained.
Then a little girl had trouble with the same question later, but her answers were different. She said, "there's a season to plant a garden, and then another one to weed it." If that isn't a right answer in some way, I don't know what is.
I get such a kick out of those darn kids. They say, everything you need to know you learn in kindergarten. Could be true.
P.S. August 27, 2008 A sweet little girl said the seasons were, "cold, warm and leafy." Isn't that precious.
2 comments:
Adam has his kindergarten testing today! Thanks for the heads up on a question he will probably be asked. (I just asked him and he made no mention about bear and deer. I guess that means his dad doesn't own a gun.)
The deer season comment...that is hilarious! No question you live in Idaho! I would like to make a wager now. That is the comment that Jamon's son will make.
Post a Comment