August 17, 2008

Zion

I'm going to bore you with a little something I learned today in church. Mind you, this is what I took away from the lesson, not what was taught necessarily. 
We were talking about "Zion" and, zion as a place where only the pure in heart shall dwell.
The teacher made a reference to our heart as being a chamber which holds all things spiritual; love, giving, concern and so on. It holds all that is pure. We know when we are doing those things which are good, because we feel it in our heart.
Here is where my thoughts come in, because I  know that our heads want to rule over our hearts. Our heads try to remind us of something that so and so said, or what that dirty son of a gun did... get the picture? Now the challenge is having control over our heads so we can be numbered as one of the pure in heart. 
I asked myself the question; Is there anyone that I have ill feelings for that would keep me from having a pure heart? Maybe. Can I get beyond those feelings? Yes, and here is why; The atonement of the Savior. When my head tries to rule my heart and take away those good thoughts and feelings, I just have to remember to lay it at my Saviors feet. He already took upon Himself our sorrows and our sins, and I must learn to leave the judgement to Him. That is the only way I can find "Zion" with in my own heart.

No comments: