November 26, 2008

Fiesta!

We just went to a fiesta at the Spanish Branch in Menan. The Luna's came to our home one Sunday to invite us, Noel Luna  and his family, Maria, Vanessa, Alisha, and Jaquelyn. Noel became a member while Gregg was serving in the stake and the rest of his family joined later after coming to the states. Gregg was able to make him an elder in the priesthood, and two years ago the family was sealed in the temple. Awe. 

They like to fiesta, putting any of our "gringo" parties to shame. There is always good food, and at this last fiesta they cleared the table away after we ate and started to dance. Young and old, flashing lights, the party rocked on. I'm not a fan of Mexican music but I am a fan of dancing, any time, any where. The Luna's said we couldn't leave until we danced. Gregg wasn't really enthusiastic about it but he did it!!! Ha ha. We always feel welcome and it never fails, they always invite us to the next fiesta.

2 comments:

Greg and Lynne said...

Great story Connie! Thanks for sharing it. Keep on, "lettin' your light so shine, girl!" We are so thrilled to be involved with the missionaries in our area and have had some truly inspiring and memorable experiences. Proud of you.

Chelli said...

Hey, your comment form changed! How'd you do that?

I think you and Gregg have been involved with the Spanish branch for as long as I've known you. I've always been secretly jealous of that because you guys always get the cool activities and experienes. (The other language I speak is "zoom talk"... you know... from the TV show Zoom. Unfortunately, there are no branches of people who only speak Zoom, so I'm outta luck.)