
Fremont County officials are planning a celebration in 2009 to mark the 100th anniversary of the County Courthouse being built in St. Anthony.

The Fremont County Courthouse Centennial Committee is offering commemorative coins as part of the 100-year celebration. The funds raised will be used for the commemoration celebration, to help preserve the written and photographic history of the building, and to supplement funding for beautification efforts. On one side of the coin is a depiction of the courthouse taken from an early photograph. The other side is a depiction by artist Connie Thorkelson of early trapper, Andrew Henry who set up Camp Henry in 1810.
The cost of the 1 ¾ inch coin is $20.00 which includes tax. Shipping and handling are $5. If you are a collector of Idaho tokens or coins you will want to order one as only 500 will be sold.
Orders can be made by calling 208-624-7332 during courthouse hours.
When I started to think of something representative of "100" this is what came to mind since I have been on the centennial committee . Events will continue through the year. If you close your eyes to the rest of town, especially the store front that someone decided to paint bright red, then a neighboring store that was painted bright blue... (what are you thinking people?) and make your way to the courthouse, it happens to be a fabulous building. Original stained glass ceilings on two floors have been uncovered, original wood work restored, and it is a true classic. Keep your eye out for up coming events and tour the courthouse if you get a chance.
3 comments:
AUGH!! I can't get the picture of the coin to get bigger to see it!! Will you bring one to SOS next week? I'm so excited that YOU WERE THE ARTIST!!!
**WOOT**
(You're my hero!!)
VEERRRRY impressive Corn! That is so freakin' cool. I wish I could see your handiwork close-up. Can you post a larger representation of your depiction of Andrew Henry? I'm bummed that I can't get the one you posted to enlarge. I'd really like to see it. You have always been so talented. What an honor for you to have been selected to do this. You are to be commended. We will be sure to stop by and take a look on our way up to Island Park and West this summer. GOOD JOB.
btw . . . still waiting for your bucket list. get with it (it's hutchtouchnstuff.blogspot.com thanks for commenting)
Holy Cow!!! I am so impressed. I knew you were talented but this goes beyond. Congratulations. You are such a neat person in more ways than just this one. (I really am being serious) Congrats!
Post a Comment