February 18, 2009

Aaaawe....

I've had one of those weeks that rattles the brain of any sensibilities.

I feel as if my head is playing spin the bottle... and each day after spinning in circles a few times, I have to stop, pull out a piece of paper that may say the following:
Riley's birthday, get a cake/make a cake, company from Hong Kong and Utah, work, a nieces baby shower, Green Canyon birthday activity, ceramics class, Shawn's basketball game, Riley's basketball game, homework, help plan reading night for PTO, don't forget my assignment for the Blue and Gold banquet, make calls for dinner club, get Riley to scouts, laundry?, dinner?, listen to Accurasee pitches,... need I paint a bigger picture?
 

Last night after hurrying home, trying to beat the sun's decent because the headlights in my car decided to BOTH go out... I arrive to a house full of hungry boys wanting to go out for pizza. Needless to say, I was not in the mood to get back in the car and go out again. I opted to stay put, letting them have a boys night if you will. 

That is were the "aaaaawwwe" comes in. Alone at last! 

Spending time at work surrounded by children and their joyful sounds, then coming home to the same sounds plus SpongeBob's voice, or Guitar Hero... can wear on a person. 

In that blessed time alone I was able to collect the laundry, fill the dishwasher, pick up all the random droppings from school kids... backpacks, coats, and wrappers from snacks,(Wrappers... I can't begin to tell you how crazy that makes me.) and Sunday shoes that should have been put away a few days ago, plus. 

What a heavenly hour. UNTIL... The phone rang... "hun, could you come pick us up. The car stalled and we are just down the freeway..." So begins the next phase of craziness: car dead, one without lights, truck also dead, call for a tow, Gregg leaving for Utah, PTO reading night TONIGHT, and... one car. Yikes!!! 

To the rescue, my mom and dad. Thank heaven for them once again as they bring up one of their cars. My family is awesome! 

Simple Pleasure: Time alone for yourself, even if it's not very long. Sometimes it's just enough time to catch your breath, but well worth it.

P.S. Visit the link "The great balancing act" and life and it's craziness will somehow diminish into oblivion... I don't know the woman but she is inspiring. Her blog today is about giving and in contrast to my pitty party... puts life into full perspective.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I'm thinking you need another night of SOS. If you need a break next week, give me a call. Let's go out!! (Tues is my only obligation night.)