November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving and...

Thanksgiving was wonderful!
Look at 3 of my very handsome, wonderful blessings. The day cleared up, the and it was beautiful. We took advantage of the warm sunlight just before it disappeared. My favorite time of day, fleeting yet I love it!
Ry, looking ever so grown up.
Shawn, looking more and more like a teenager.
And Brade, looking more manly than a mother wants to admit. *sniff* I looked through that camera lens and it freaked me out a bit, knowing that he will be graduating and no longer my little boy with bouncing curls running around half naked.... well, at least no bouncy blonde curls. Where did the time go? This photo catches me right in the throat.

Gulp.

My favorite nephew and his kids came up. (I can say favorite because who reads my blog? Maybe we'll see. Ha ha) We had dinner at my sisters house, stayed till evening, played some game, laughed. We were basically back and forth to grandma's, visiting and eating all weekend. Surprisingly, my great niece decided she would spend the night at my house. Then she informed me she was going to again... and so did her brother. I love that they feel comfortable enough to do so. How sweet to be a part of my great nieces and nephews lives. Our kids age differences are not that far apart, making it fun for them as cousins. Snuggles from my youngest great nephew are to die for.

We played "Hand and Foot" and LET Ty and Gregg win, and they know it. For some reason the first round didn't count when Kim and I kicked their butts. Go figure?

I got the Christmas decorations up and marvel at the boxes and boxes of decorations dedicated to just one holiday. It's rather silly. Two trees? Yet, I have friends with more than that so I'm not completely crazy.

I found out that my boys are more sentimental than I ever thought. I was going to decorate differently and when I asked them what they thought Braden said "NO, you can't change it. It's a tradition, and if T'Jae were here he would agree with me. You can change it next year when I'm gone."

OKay, rewind... gone? NOT... no one is going anywhere if I can help it, and if keeping a "tradition" will keep my kids home you don't have to twist my arm. He thanked me for keeping it the same with a big hug.

I'm caught up with homework, basically, and I think I can manage three more weeks of school. I'm in awe that I am finally at this point. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I will have my degree and a week after graduation I will have my WHOLE family back together again. T'Jae will be from his mission.(BIG SIGH HERE.) The joy, the rapture. But, until then...

Simple Pleasure: Family, food, fun memories and thankful hearts.






1 comment:

terra said...

Beautifully written... And about that arranged marriage!