March 28, 2010

Week Twelve

You know how when you start something it seems like a huge task that you will never complete, and the end doesn't seem possible? Well, the end is here and I am amazed. I'm done with all homework, tests, teaching and life is like a scene out of "Enchanted." I love everyone, the birds are singing and I want to sing and skip along.
I know that feeling won't last mind you... I'm not crazy. I get nervous when I feel the least bit content because I know there will be a new challenge around the corner, lurking. Like, paying off student loans and not having a job.
One thing that I was grateful to hear this week were the students saying, "You can't leave us Mrs. Thorkelson." What's not to love about that? Also, my cooperating teacher said, "You're going to be a good teacher" and that was much appreciated.
I got to take a tour of the new high school in the works this week. I can't get the letters big enough or bold enough for that WOW. Everything is amazing... except for the art department, what a downer. But, they do get sinks, whoop dee doo! It's sad that they don't put any value in art. What would this world be like without art? Come on!
We had a field trip day on Friday taking the classes up to the BFA student show at BYUI.
I picked up my cap and gown... and another week is gone.

The FAM
I'm going to make an all encompassing comment instead of individual. It warms my heart to see the boys making good decisions. In a few short months I'll have another "elder" on my hands, and I can see the changes he is putting in place to be where he needs to be. (clutch heart) Another boy of mine found himself having to make some decisions and we had a little heart to heart. I'm proud of them. They are good boys and it's not because of their parents, that's for sure.

Simple Pleasure: Falling asleep watching TV.

2 comments:

terra said...

Oh, it is because of their parents, maybe not forcing them, but teaching them. You can rightly feel proud of your boys. And I am so proud of you finishing school. Good luck with your next step.

Valerie said...

Life could be settling down for you... for a week or two. Enjoy it! I can't believe Braden is getting ready for his mission!! You'll be an old pro at it by the time he leaves!