May 2, 2010

Basebrrrrrrr Season

I wish I knew why they start baseball during the worst possible time of year. (Actually, I do... it has to do with the All Star season, scheduling and not enough fields for the growing community....but I would like to complain.)

It's windy, rainy... sometimes snowy, hardly ever the type of weather you want to sit out in.
UGH!

Riley's first game was cancelled making the second game a must play... even in the rain, so they don't get behind on scheduling. The boys were soaked. The next game was a double header, making up for the canceled game. It was played in freezing cold weather. I don't know how the kids can stand it. And, keeping the kids out until 10:00 pm on a school night. By the time they get home, eat because they are starving, shower and go to bed it's 11:00 pm.

Lucky Riley had ISAT tests the next day. They send notes home saying "please prepare your child for ISAT testing by making sure they get to bed early and have a good breakfast."

Right now I'm looking out the window at snow on the ground!!! Baseball season??? I don't think so.

Baseball season is: 1. green 2. sunny and warm 3. water bottles, gatorade and sunflower seeds 4. sunglasses and lawn chairs
Baseball season is not: 1. muddy 2. cold 3. filled with hot cocoa (Riley's coach brought a cooler of hot cocoa) 4. coats, blankets, gloves... snowpants!

JUST SAYING

Simple Pleasure: Seeing my oldest great-nephew get baptized. Congratulations Nicholas!

2 comments:

mom said...

The same can be said for track and soccer. Anyone for an indoor sport?

Valerie said...

I guess they don't make up games in the Rookie league. Whew.

Looks like another stellar week weather wise. Bring your quilts, gloves and earmuffs! See you on the field!