For the title I was trying to interject "crazy" into holiday. It doesn't matter how prepared or how organized you are there's always crazy. Our holiday was no exception.
First, we were afraid for our boys, and mom and dad even getting down to Utah. The weather was just plane crazy and the roads, horrible. Luckily the weather held out for them to get there and us as well. We drove up to Lehi, Ut and stayed at Janet's place but my sister Brenda lives 15 minutes away so back and forth we went. The kids had cousins to play with 24/7. This year brought a Thorkelson invasion of Utah. We moved down by Rees (5 kids), Jared (5 kids) and family moved up by Janet (3 kids + grandkids) and Eric (2 kids + grandkids).
Guess where my camera was? HOME! I was trying so hard to remember to take it because Thanksgiving is the least documented holiday of all.
We felt like a yo-yo going from one place to another. But, it's all worth it, right? We do it because we love everyone, because we are making memories for our kids, creating bonds of friendship between cousins and that is what makes a holiday. (Not to mention any fights or misunderstandings...)
After all is said and done...
this may be all we have to show for it, laundry, but hopefully there is more than meets the eye stored in our memories and in our hearts. *sigh*
Oh, and when I got home we had no bread and I wasn't about to go to the store. I pulled out the bread maker that was getting dusty and...
TAH-DAH!!! I did it!
Looks like I need to do this more often. :D
Simple Pleasure: Everyone getting home safe and sound.
2 comments:
Sounds fun, but I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FORGOT YOUR CAMERA!!! Have you learned nothing from me?!? Just kidding! :)
I would, however, love a piece of that bread!! Yummy!
Connie-- that bread is gorgeous! I want a bread maker! Thanks, by the way, for coming tonight. It meant so much more to me than you will ever know!
Post a Comment