December 29, 2010

Christmas Highlights

Tickle Fight!

The best gift of all was being able to have the whole family together even if it wasn't officially on Christmas day.

Lucky for us, the family was assigned to speak on the Sunday before Christmas when everyone was able to participate. We shared the time with Braden giving a talk and T'Jae singing a song.

When they are all together things can get exciting. The boys get crazy! It doesn't matter how big they are, I just have to sit back and wonder if the house is going to survive.


They got going with a tickle fight, which I got on video but it won't download. Wrong format. :( I was waiting for the Christmas tree to come down, but it didn't. The boys got their dad laughing until he couldn't breath. Fun times.

One downer was the rain.


 



Christmas Bingo for prizes.
It rained and rained and RAINED. Which meant it was snowing in the mountains. T'Jae thought he might actually be here for Christmas, but it cleared up for a day or two enabling him to get home to be with his brother, grandma and grandpa.
Before he left we spent some time playing games which is Shawn's favorite thing to do.

I am full of so many feelings this holiday. I feel like; One, someone should have warned me I would mourn my children's passage into adulthood. Two, I would learn humility the hard way. Three, there are good, kind people everywhere. Four, patience in the answer to our prayers is very important.

We spent Christmas Eve with our neighbors. It reminded me of our family tradition of hosting our neighborhood Christmas party back home. I was feeling the loss of being able to do that but this party filled that void. There have been so many kind hands come our way, this place is really starting to grow on me.

Simple Pleasure: Learning to swim with the current instead of fighting it.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I think I could hear Gregg gasping for breath in those pictures! I loved them!! Good times/good memories!

I am glad you're feeling more settled. And I agree... how come no one warned us how hard it was to have our kids grow up? I HATE IT!!!