December 11, 2010

Oranges and Snowflakes

There's something about the smell of an orange being peeled that is heavenly. When I was a little girl it seemed like oranges and Christmas time went together. We never saw them during the summer because they didn't ship them in from... who knows where.
I'm here to say that California oranges are the best.
This morning as I was preparing to eat an orange I sat it down in the light of the sun quite by accident. When I turned to pick it up I had what artists call an aesthetic experience. I was stopped by the light going through the orange and had to take a picture.

What a beautiful color.  Mmmmm.
Thank heaven for moments like this. I don't think I had a care in the world for that moment.

Last night, my side kick Riley and I set out to "Blizzard" some houses in the neighborhood. T'Jae started this little activity out on his mission so we thought it's the least we could do to bring a little bit of snow to St. George. My kids are fabulous snowflake makers, and I try my hardest.



 We only got caught once out of three. I love that they had dark colored doors so the snowflakes stand out. It just wouldn't be cool on a white door... unless we used light blue paper. Must be prepared for that dilemma.

Simple Pleasure: See above.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hey that is my door! It MUST be replaced!

Valerie said...

I can smell oranges on my hand tonight... Mmmm... I peeled a delightful little mandarin a while ago and the aroma lingers.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the snowflake idea!! I think you have started a wonderful new tradition in your neighborhood! You need to tell us what the note on the door says.