February 21, 2011

A Long Weekend

All good things must come to an end, such as a long weekend. *sigh* It rained and didn't look like we were going to be able to enjoy it much. But we got a couple of surprises. One was a visit from an old neighbor friend from Idaho. Blake stayed with us this weekend while his family went to Las Vegas. I've never been a Vegas fan myself.
It was great for the boys to share the weekend with someone. He brought snow with him but it melted or we would have kicked him out. So the second surprise was, Monday the sun peeked out!  They got to go exploring one of their favorite places. There is always something new to discover and see there and it's up high enough that I can see SPACE. Not the NASA kind of space but being able to see far and wide. I miss it. Somedays I feel so closed in with the all the houses and mountains around me day after day. I need my wide open space. It must be an Idaho thing.
















Now, it's back to work tomorrow. It's not a normal day either, it's training and observations. Blah! And, TESTING. I have to remember the cute kids that have to put up with all the state testing thanks to NCLB.

Before I forget, I have to share a funny.
One little boy I tutor, a little black kid with a lisp and glasses...CUTE, was being soooo slow coming to his reading time. As he got closer to me I said, "Hurry up, I'm growing old waiting for ya." He replies, "Are you dying?" I said, "I sure hope not." Then he said, "Because Mrs. Lamb (his teacher) is almost dead, she's wrinkly." She's probably 50 something.
Kids are hilarious.

Simple Pleasure: Wide open spaces.


2 comments:

Robin Grant said...

I love seeing those boys together. When we visit can we climb on those mountains too? They look cool.

Valerie said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!! I'll be sure to come to your funeral!