March 26, 2011

Spring Break

My neighbor said, "Are you doing something fun, or are you going to Idaho for spring break?" I said, "I hate you." and I hope she took it the right way. (?)

We did go to Idaho. It was cold and dreary but we got to see family and friends. I now realize how important it is to get together with girlfriends you have a history with to just chat. Wow! It's therapy! I miss it and crave it.

I was able to meet the "girlfriends" of T'Jae and Braden. They are lovely young women. I don't think we scared them away because they came back for more.

Dad, after I had to hear through the grape vine... informed us he had type 2 melanoma and would be going in for surgery. ( All went well, one slice.) He doesn't talk much, or like attention. He also informed us that he went up to Chester to shovel snow off the roof. He's 84! I don't like the idea of him climbing on a metal roof. Well, I guess he started poking around and the snow slid off the roof ON TOP OF HIM. He said he didn't know if he would get out until the thaw. Not a good story to hear from him when he's got grown grandsons near by. At least T'Jae shoveled their roof at home. Sheesh!

Grandma got a bad cold while we were there, poor thing. She couldn't do much, just rest. But she did take the boys to a movie before it hit. Kera had to work most of the time but we got to spend an evening playing Bunko and we went and got a cinnamon roll at Great Harvest for breakfast one morning.

We got to spend time with the Barzee's and Jose's before Gregg went off on business, LOVE THEM.

Both Riley and Shawn got to spend time with their old friends which was nice. One afternoon we met them to go bowling. One kid didn't show up so they let me bowl for him. I thought that was very nice of them.

We had to come back to Saint George to find some sunshine, but that also means back to the grind of work and school. Breaks of any kind are nice.


Look who is tall as grandpa.

Granny

Sisters! We DON'T like our picture taken.

Our dog who likes Grandpa and Grandpa better now.

Braden washing the dishes... but didn't finish. Isn't that what girlfriends are for?

T'Jae being handsome.
 So, that was spring break minus talking about the Teacher Fair I went to at USU and Gregg going to Seattle for the NAEA. The blog would be to long.

Simple Pleasure: Spring Break with family and friends.

2 comments:

Robin Grant said...

Wish I had seen you. But, I did think about how dreary the weather was while you were here and wondered why you didn't bring any of your St. George sunshine back with you. Maybe next time.

Valerie said...

I for one REALLY enjoyed spending time with you! Thanks for giving us some time!!