Whenever I have to give a YW lesson I like to find something visual to go along with it. The lesson this week was on Temple Marriage and I know they have heard this lesson many times before. I hope my lesson was able to make some kind of impact.
I used a part of my family tree represented by paper chains. I put the families together before hand so there wasn't a lot to do when I got there. Then I used the "Sealing Power" or glue, to put our family together.
I was able to show examples of a child that had died but being born under the covenant is sealed to the parents. An adopted child that is sealed to the family, and there where members of our family that I couldn't attach because their family hasn't been sealed in the temple. Sad.
After explaining how small this part of our family is and all the other connections that extend out from it helped us realize that we are all connected and should also consider ourselves brothers and sisters. It makes you want everyone to be a part of the wonderful blessings the temple can bring.
I was also able to share an experience I had in doing temple work for some family members that Kera found a few years back. I was able to actually feel the spirit of one sweet sister I was going through for. It was incredible and unlike any other name I've ever taken through. I told Kera about it and when she got home she did some more research on this sister. Come to find out, her whole family had their temple work done but for some reason her name had been lost and her work hadn't been done. Goose bumps!!! It was an experience I will never forget.
It became a lesson not on only temple marriage but on how it continues to bless generations and the importance of missionary work and temple work... and as usual, I learn more than anyone I'm teaching.
Simple Pleasure: The temple.
1 comment:
What an awesome idea! You are so clever! Neat experience in the Temple too.
Post a Comment