I think there should be an award given after every completed week of a new teacher. I've never worked so hard in my life. I go to work at 7 am and I get home at 5 pm sometimes 6 pm if there's a meeting I have to go to that cuts into my lesson planning time. As far as I'm concerned I am earning 3 months off in the summer with all the hours I put in. That doesn't include the weekends I spend on future lesson plans or grading papers.
Being a teachers aide isn't such a bad gig. Haha, it's worth every penny you don't make. Some days I envy the janitors I see after school listening to their ipods while they work, knowing they aren't taking work home or planning out how they are going to approach the job tomorrow. Maybe I'm just assuming... they could be rethinking strategies on how to tackle the floor tomorrow.
I'm glad for that hand full of students that make it all worth while. It almost displaces all the.... others I have to deal with. Really... are they actually going to grow up and be normal some day?
They say it gets easier, I just hope I live to see easier. I can't wait until the lesson plans are typed up and samples of student work is collected.
Meanwhile, life moves on for us. Gregg Bjorn has started school and so has T'Jae, Braden has started his mission papers *sigh*, Shawn turned 15 this week, Riley is still my baby and curls up in bed with me to read or to snuggle before he goes off to his bed. What will I do when he grows out of that? I don't care to think of it.
Simple Pleasure: Down time.
1 comment:
We need SOS, you and I, to vent, listen and unwind. I wish you were here.
I can't believe Braden is working on his papers!! WONDERFUL!! I'm glad he's there with you...
And when Shawn stops crawling into bed to snuggle, you just turn it around and crawl into bed with him. He'll get used to it... eventually. His wife will too! ;0)
Post a Comment