December 3, 2011

Busy Week

 In the last week my dear husband has driven us crazy. He entered an art show, but that's not the crazy part, the crazy part was him trying to paint 3 paintings in 1 week!!! Usually you have the paintings, then enter a show... not, enter a show then decide to paint the paintings.

It was a valiant effort on his part. We spent one evening looking for a "Jesus" model at Walmart. (Don't ask) My sister in law said, "Don't look for Jesus at Walmart, you've got to at least go to Target." Anyway... the search was futile and he ended up using an old photo from our Saint Anthony days. The painting turned out fabulous. The other two pictures didn't get done but surprising close, instead he touched up two paintings that we brought back from St. George Thanksgiving weekend.

Yes, I went to St. George with the boys. It was good and bad. Good because the weather was perfect, and the boys LOVE it down there. It always surprisingly feels like home. Bad because Shawn had to return to W. Jordan and leave all his awesome friends behind. :(

G.Bjorn's dad came up for the show like you see in the picture. He's here with the finished portrait of Christ which is fabulous like I said! He's looking like a crazy artist in this picture, could be the lack of sleep but you can see the portrait a little. It's for sale if anyone would like to buy it and make our day, year...

 G.Bjorn's sister Janet picked me and the boys up to go to the art show, then his brother Jared took us to dinner in the Garden Room. It's so nice to have his family around to support his talent. I think he needs more than just my opinion. He still struggles with thinking his work isn't good enough. Artists.

What a beautiful view of the temple with all the Christmas lights. The picture here is of the boys and their cousin Hannah. It was a nice evening.


Now we can get back to the "normal" crazy that is our life.

Simple Pleasure: Extended family

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That painting is stunning! I would love it in our home, but I don't know if I can afford his talent. I REALLY wish I could! :)

Rochelle said...

I really like the picture of Jesus that your husband painted!

Chelli said...

Living in the land of unemployment leaves us unable to make any purchases other than a grocery or two... maybe some gasoline.

HOWEVER...I absolutely believe that G.Bjorn is INCREDIBLY talented!! I love looking at his work and thinking, at one point this was just a blank canvas. Due to his hard work, his vision and most importantly HIS TALENT he has created something that is visually BEAUTIFUL to look at. It amazes me that people can create such wonderful things for me to look at. I'm grateful for such talented people (you're included in this list too, my friend!)