April 21, 2012

Beautiful Weather

Today was a beautiful day. One of those days when you wake up knowing you want to be outside. I have missed having a "real" yard and garden. There's something about preparing the soil, planting a little seed and watching it grow.
I also have realized lately that I enjoy working, keeping busy doing anything. I confess, I enjoy cleaning a closet, or a basement, even a garage. Am I insane? And, why doesn't everybody else enjoy it? The results are always worth it.
Since we are renting my hubby doesn't like the thought of me putting time and money into a place we won't be at forever. Ya, ya... but I can't leave it all crumby looking either.
So, today I tried to use as little money as possible... maybe, and came up with a solution for the front flower bed.


 It is now a sitting garden, for me. I purchased just a few flowers and put them in the corner behind the chair plus a rescued holly plant that was looking dead. The chair and table I found at D. I.  I had to spray paint it black, but it works. I will remove the sign in front of the chair, it's calling for to much attention. Once I get some kind of flower in the flower pot on the table, that will help. Oh, the planter is from D. I. too. Ha!
That is what I did today, along with the laundry and dishes. Fun, fun.

Simple Pleasure: Creating a quiet spot.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Looks great!

Lindsay said...

Cute! It looks great. I would never have guessed you found it at DI. :)