June 11, 2012

Flavors of Home

After being drowned by an unforgiving work schedule and a very tough year, I had forgotten how to "feel-good".
The first week out of school took us (Riley and I) home to Idaho.
The most important thing was being able to attend SOS with my good'ol friends. From my last post you can probably tell that I don't have friends around here, and oh how I appreciate being able to visit with people who already know me, are willing to overlook my many faults, and love me.
It's always nice to see mom and dad doing what they do. Their life is consistent and flows with the seasons, never changing. What would that be like?
It's so interesting to return to the protective bubble I was raised in. The place is consistent though it is changing like crazy... if that can make any sense at all.

A couple of things that you can't find anywhere else, or tastes better anywhere else is:
Sno Shack's shaved ice. On this particular day I had a Peach, Pineapple something or other with cream.  I'm always satisfied.
Chiz's ranch dressing speaks for it's self. There's no other ranch like it and I have to bring some back every time I go home. My vegetables even thank me.
Now we are back home in W.J. until the next visit. Time for some deep cleaning, laundry, lesson plans and baseball.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Are you coming to the family reunion in July? I would love to finally meet you after reading about you :)

Lindsay said...

I have been craving some Chiz's, too! Must get some when I'm up there in a few weeks. :)

little pink moth said...

I must agree. I used to work in the Sno Shack and they are the best!

Unknown said...

Why didn't we take SOS pictures? We love you and it was HEAVEN having you sit at the crafting table again! We must coordinate some visits home so we can still get together after I move.

THANK YOU for driving up and visiting!