August 10, 2012

Nothing like the 24th!

Idaho in the summer is the best. I miss the build up and anticipation of all that goes on in July. I LOVE the 4th of July. I love the feeling of pride and patriotism. I am a sucker for the RED, WHITE and BLUE. I love to stand with my hand on my heart, I love to yell out "thank you" as the veterans go by. The weather, fireworks, watermelon... everything that symbolizes summer.
Then there's the 24th of July which is so much fun. We missed out last year and I was so glad to be back this year. The parade did not disappoint. Here's a look at the family gathered to watch and collect candy.
Left to right: Ron, Kelsey, Stacie, Brenda, Kera, Kayde, Riley, Kaden and Cheniel poking her head out.
We went up to Chester afterward for lunch and luckily the river was down and perfect for swimming.
Ally and Riley

Cousins waiting to bridge jump.
Photo pose.

Mom with her newest great grand baby, Ryan. Such a sweet boy.
I left G. Bjorn and Shawn home to finish moving. Ugh. The reason for the quick trip was to see Kayde and her family with new addition, Ryan before the went back to Oregon.  It was so much fun to get a hold of that rolly-polly baby and squeeze on him. He was so good to let all of his aunts hold him and get him to smile. I'm sure when we see him again he won't be as happy to see strangers. :(
It was a nice little trip home.
Now we are all moved into our new place. It was a horrible move but... I think it was a good move, if that makes sense. I like the area and I love being able to walk out my front door and see... this. Open space and not just house after house after house. The streets are wider and there's a small town feel here.
The schools look to be a good fit for the boys too, which is very important. We registered Shawn today and I didn't see any rainbow hair, cleavage, gages or crazy piercings all day. Amazing. Not that there's anything wrong with all that... Ha!

G.Bjorn is all moved into his new studio space in SLC at Poor Yoricks Studios. The idea is to have him go off to work (like he has a real job), be productive and participate in the studios art shows. I hope that he will be inspired to get back to gallery painting and have a space for his side business, www.accurasee.com/ which has been doing well.

The whole family will be going back to Idaho for one last "hoorah" before school starts. To see mom and dad, get one last taste of summer,  have  one last Snow Shak, stock up on some Chiz's and head back home to start another school year. *sigh*

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Yay! Glad someone got to go up to Idaho for the 24th. I haven't been up there in two years now. :(