I've been wanting to start an art journal for a long time. We had a district collaboration meeting a couple weeks ago and we were told to bring an old book.
I thought that we would get out scissors and make an altered book, which I have also been wanting to do. But, instead the teacher handed us a lesson plan for an altered book design that is basically art journaling. WHAT A FUN MEETING! It was completely hands on from the beginning. Then to begin...
I love to draw and paint trees or anything from nature so originally I started out thinking about having a theme of the changing seasons, then it reminded me of the scripture "To everything there is a season and time to every purpose under the heavens." That will be my theme for this journal.
 |
| The cover. I love this saying, "The earth without art is just... eh" it's so true. |
 |
| "A time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted." |
 |
| " A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to break down and a time to build up." The other page is Poor Yoricks Art Show invitation where Bjorn works. |
 |
| Then, there has to be space just for fun. We went to this movie and thought it was super cute. |
Anyhoo... It's been fun. It give me a chance to create art of any kind and with any medium. I get to do a little at a time without being overwhelmed with a big project. It make me HAPPY. And as you know... I'm striving to be a happier person.
BTW... this is blog number 300. Wow! Meanwhile my written journal is getting dusty.
3 comments:
This is so great! I love it! And I love your drawings. You're so very talented. :)
Congrats on #300! Love all your artsy stuff. BTW You will have to get in touch with Rochelle for Eldon's contact info. His business is Custom Interiors in Rexburg. He is in the book.
Will you make an art journal for me too? You're simply awesome! But I think I've told you that before.
Post a Comment