In the last five years there hasn't been a moment where I have relaxed and thought, "Awe, life is pretty great." Sad but true. I like to think I'm optimistic but I find that I have become pessimistic. The challenges just never seem to ease up. You'd think I was due for a break or a breather, but no.
One thing that has been challenging is my job. The job I looked forward to having, doing the thing I love, art. Who would have guessed that it would be crazy. But, we are out of the protective bubble that I called home for so long.
Students here can be mean, scary and for some reason I'm not that intimidating. Go figure. I have an administration that doesn't support my well being because they have to much on their plate. I am left to deal with the craziest of students and problems because they all take ceramics. Long story short.
I had basically had it. I decided to look elsewhere for work. They were having an in-district transfer fair and I went. There's a new school close to where we live that will open it's doors next fall, so I applied. And, I GOT THE JOB! I am more than thrilled.
I love ceramics and 3D but not the majority of the kids that take it don't even want to be there. They just know they don't want to be in band. No one should ever have to teach 36 students ceramics either, that is way to many. At the new school I will be teaching Drawing and Painting. *sigh* Sweet relief.
I hope this change will alleviate some of my daily stress, even though its another change.
Challenges ever seem to find there way through our door that will go unmentioned.
General Conference brought the desire to try again, to recommit myself to being better and not give up on raising my last two boys who are almost grown. Yikes, the thought creates a pit in my throat. Giving up is the easy way out, I heard someone say, and I suppose its true.
Thank heaven for quick moments with friends, and knowing I have family not to awfully far away.
3 comments:
So glad you got a new job! I hope it's wonderful and helps you to feel more calm.
I know your family is still up in Idaho, but if you ever need a friend who's closer, please give me a call. I could take you out to a movie or dinner or something. You deserve a break. :)
Hang in there,Connie! Congrats on your new job.
Here's hoping and praying the new administration is on the ball, proactive and on the teacher's side!
And hooray for drawing and painting and sketching and teaching children who WANT to be in class. However, I will really miss your ceramic creations!
Post a Comment