A week ago I was reading outside, enjoying the fabulous fall weather. Then, BAM, winter decided to makes it's appearance overnight.
I tried to get the Christmas spiri,t that I wasn't feeling, by putting up the tree and decorating. I swear I put up less and less every year even though I still like to find a bargin on snowmen or santas at thrift stores. I can't help it.
It is nastalgic to place the ornaments with my boys names on them that I bought through the years. There's only a couple that I really cherish. I bought a Santa with a trumpet to represent T'Jae. A moose for Braden, snowman for Shawn and Riley had a Santa with toys. Where did that time go? It makes me sad to know those magical Christmas days are gone with my little boys. *sigh*
I almost forgot to display this little santa that Braden sent last year, it's been in my desk. Today I opened my desk and squealed that I could go put it on my tree.
I don't have room for all my nativity scenes which I collected for a while hoping that one day the boys would choose their favorite to take for their own family some day. I decided that this one could go outside on my little porch table and it got all snowy. I replaced the fall pumpkins with it. I think the manger is adorable. They are hard to find actually. The last time I put it up was in my family room in Idaho. I loved Christmases there with plenty of room. I'm so grateful for those memories. *sigh*
1 comment:
I love your tree! It's fun to have so many memorable ornaments. :)
Post a Comment