February 15, 2014

Family Outing/Birthday

Today we went to the zoo, thanks to Riley. He had a birthday this week and has been wanting to go.
The weather was great for February and the animals were great. It seems that we got to see a lot of them at their best.
My view or the fast walkers.

The primates were our favorite. Monkey like creatures are amazing. I don't know all the technical names or differences...something about having tails or not having tails. All I know is we had fun watching them. At one point we didn't know if we were the ones in the zoo or them.

Orangutan
This guy came right up to the window and stared out at everyone. You could see his eyes scamming the crowd of people looking in at him. It was super cool.

Rhinoceros
Here's the rhino's. They are weird creatures.

A couple of funny guys.
Here's a giraffe, we got to see them at snack time. I like them, Riley didn't. What? We also got to see the tiger up close because we walked by right when the zoo keepers called him down to give him his medication in some meatballs. I took those pictures with my phone. Darn.

We came home and had a very boring birthday brownie cake. Happy Birthday to my baby that is 15!



2 comments:

little pink moth said...

You disappeared! Glad you're back.

Unknown said...

15? Good heavens. I just told Terry he was 12. I've got Terry-it is now.

And now your boy is home! You need to blog about that!