One of my favorite things is... being a "great-aunt". What perfect timing for me to enjoy these new little people in our family. I'm done having children of my own, but not ready to
have the title of "grandma".
It doesn't hurt that they are all cute as can be either. The down side is not being able to see them often. They don't really know what to think of me, so I have to keep it on the down-low for those Hutchen's kids. They aren't into the public affection.
One nice thing is seeing the age difference between our kids getting smaller and my boys enjoy the time spent with there cousins.
Ally is cut from a different mold. She gives me big bear hugs and let me take her to the zoo. Yeah!! (with help from a big niece, Stacie) She had my boys at her beckon call. "Riley, you push me. Shawn hold my drink." She knows how to take control of a situation. I need to take lessons from that little diva.
There are other sweet babies on the way, one niece and one nephew, that I know of. Family becomes the central part of life when you get older. Realizing that our dream of being rich has gone, in the material sense, but is continually growing in relationships and with those we love. Now, come give your great aunt a hug!
2 comments:
You are a GREAT aunt! (You know it!!) If you're ever hungry for another "niece and nephew" I happen to have two kids here looking for some attention! (They haven't been to the zoo yet this year!)
Just so you know, the Hutchens kids love you and your family to pieces! I wish we lived closer because they constantly ask if they can go to your house. I guess the drive doesn't bother them as much as it does me! :) Tyler and I love hanging out with you and Gregg! We sure love you guys up North! Thanks for being such a great great aunt!
Post a Comment