This last weekend I went to my 25th class reunion. It was a riot. I've only missed one reunion, our 10th, because I was living in California. I hate missing them because they are so much fun. I don't know if it is rare for a class to enjoy each other as much as ours, but it seems like we all like each other pretty much and enjoy each others company. It could just be me. I always felt sorry for myself for seemingly not having a "best friend" per say, but I did have many friends and I shouldn't complain. After we were kicked out of the original reunion place a few die-hards met up at JB's to continue visiting. We laughed until we cried which I haven't done for a long time it seems. We complained about it being our bed time because stayed up late. And, missed the people we didn't see and hope they'll show up next time. Since we graduated a couple of classmates have died which reminds us of our mortality. A common phrase heard was, "you just never know."
Here's to old friend, good times and the feeling of eternal youth that comes with it. If only for a moment.
2 comments:
You're amazing! I'm glad you went! I even recognized a couple people from your pictures!! (Now I know how old they are, he he.)
I have only been to one reunion, my 20th, and I have to say that I don't really need to go again. Things haven't changed that much. The cheerleaders STILL won't talk to me!! ;-p
C-ya after camp!!
You can't be THAT old to have had a 25th reunion! :) How fun for you!
Post a Comment