July 27, 2008

Vacation 08






The week continued as we took off Sunday for Denver after the Bear Lake tournament. Gregg's childhood friend Doug, and best man at our wedding, lives in Oklahoma and for each of our families to get together the half way point for travel was Denver. It was one of those "have too" trips (as Gregg put it) to reconnect after years apart. Neither of us knew the area but Doug took the ball and ran with it. He planned the trip, getting us a place to stay, a tour of a candy factory, to an airplane museum, a Rockies game (of course) then we split up one day, the moms took the younger kids to an aquarium while the older ones went with the dads to Elitch Gardens, an amusement park. We were on the go, go, go. 
The kids favorite day, and I would have to say mine too, was going to Water World, a huge water park, one of the largest I hear. It was the perfect day, very hot. Except for that one incident... of lost children it was great. They did what they needed to do, stayed together. Shawn had a hard time getting over it, and didn't want to stay put, but... it all worked out.  It's fascinating to see how many body types there are, the freaky tattoos and piercings... I could people watch all day long.
I usually hate getting into a swimsuit, it's the last thing I want to do (an earlier blog) but after seeing everyone, I didn't care at all. As a matter of fact, I think I looked pretty good compared to most. There are no photos to prove that fact, you'll just have to take my word. So sorry. And, after sitting next to my friend and her "new" boobs...  I don't think I'd care for them. I'm not the show off  my cleavage type of gal. Gregg and I both agree that a new driveway would be better, and get more use, sadly. Anyway,...
Our trip concluded in Estes Park, part of the Rocky Mountain National Park. Our friends told us we were jaded to the beauty of the mountains, which we may be to a certain extent. I guess Oklahoma doesn't  have mountains majesty even near by. We just stayed one night in an overpriced ma and pa motel and then came home Friday. The drive was beautiful through the mountains. We passed cute little cabins tucked against the mountains with the river running by. I even had Gregg stop to check out a place for sell to see how much they were going for. One place of envy in particular was on Rainbow Trout Ln. How cool is that? The rest of the drive was Wyoming. Ugh!
It's always nice to come home, and sleep in our own beds, to get up in time for the Pioneer Day parade. It always warms my heart to see our flag represented, the war veterans and all the ward floats celebrating our freedom of religion. For most it would be considered a politically incorrect parade, that is why I love it. It reminds me of what Captain Moroni stood for, celebrating "our God, our religion and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children." (Alma 46:12) What a perfect homecoming. Now it's back to life as usual.

3 comments:

Chelli said...

How many times have we tried to tell you that having a larger chest really isn't all it's cracked up to be?!?! However, a new driveway.... now THAT'S nice! (I have both, so I know what I'm talking about!!)

Looks like you had a fun trip! I'm glad you got to go! Salad Party on Aug 14... bring pics!

Kim Hutchens said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! How fun! You know Lehi has a great water park too. Well "water park" may not be the most accurate word but you'll have to see how it compares to the one in Denver! Glad you guys made it home safe and sound.

The Packer/Hart Family said...

Apparently you don't share your blog with your friend with the new boobs? Either that or she doesn't care that you blasted that all over google land?