April 2, 2009

What a few years have taught me.

And, in no particular order...

  1. There's only one way to get rid of your shadow.
  2. Feeling like a child doesn't disappear with age.
  3. Just when I think I've figured something out... I have to figure it out all over again. Therefore...
  4. Learning is life, life is learning.
  5. The "what if's" can kill a person from the inside out.
  6. It's okay to say "no", life goes on.
  7. It's also okay to receive.
  8. Take joy in simple things.
  9. Laughter IS the best medicine.
  10. Cherish old friends while making new ones.
  11. Learn to forgive.
  12. Having children changed my life for the better. They are my greatest blessing and greatest challenge.
  13. If you can't take it with you don't get attached. If you can, create something wonderful.
  14. Having a little faith is better than having no faith at all.
  15. Family is the most important thing. Knowing I can be with them forever makes me want to be a better person.
  16. Actions speak louder than words.
  17. Not watching the news or opening the bills is the best anti-aging secret I know. (Thanks babe, just trying to look as young as you are.)
  18. Sometimes you just have to have chocolate.
  19. Patience.
  20. Never say "why me" replace it with "why not me" then life will be a lot more enjoyable.
Simple pleasure: Crazy random kids singing "Happy Birthday" after school. It was so cute. It made me smile. I also love that they have no concept of age. Ha!

2 comments:

mom said...

I loved that! Where do you get your wisdom...Age? Can I pass your thoughts on? They truly are worth repeating.

Valerie said...

I brought a cupcake to pottery tonight for your birthday. Oh well... Of course you're not going to be hanging around glazing ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! I should have been a little smarter.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY FRIEND! I hope I can be as wise as you and have learned as much as you by the time I'm as old as you.... in a few years. :)