August 15, 2009

Countdown to School


I started out with good intentions... a mini vacation everyday the week before school started. It could be a picnic in the park, an afternoon swimming anything to get us out of the house and enjoy the few days left of summer.

I took the boys to a new section of river, suggested by a friend (thanks Robin). It was pretty exciting. My boys aren't the best swimmers in the world so it looked a little scary but they braved it the name of adventure. 
Shawn was anxious to get wet after having his cast off and he took the first run without a problem. Then Riley went along and they got caught on the opposite side of the river. After three attempts, riding the rapids they were finally able to get back to the side they needed to be on. Shweww!! Shawn was getting a little panic stricken. 
Obviously I could of jumped in to help them but it was good for them to figure it out. (I only brought two towels too.)
It's a fun little spot. Next time we have to take the big boys with us.
 
Most intentions are good, yet easily dashed with shopping days for school supplies (The boys don't like shopping.) and flat tires. (I backed into a light pole and bent the tire rim.) Ugh! Maybe Riley knows how to change a car tire now. 
The countdown continues, we'll be going to my hometown county fair later today. :)

Simple Pleasure: Sometimes the things that don't cost money are the most enjoyable. Time with the boys.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Awww! Sounds like FUN!!! You're such a good mom! Enjoy your last few days of "FREEDOM!!"