November 9, 2009

Hit Me!

Ok, so I've been complaining which isn't new as of late.
 I keep thinking... PEOPLE, JUST LEAVE ME ALONE until I finish my education! 
Yet, (here's the clincher) I am constantly on my knees asking for help from above.

Do you seeing what's wrong with this picture? 
It may be apparent to a rational person, one who has time to think, but it didn't occur to me until yesterday.
I was sitting in primary loathing the fact that they roped me into being the chorister for the next three months-ish. One more thing!
Then
as things ironed themselves out and fell into place it HIT me that I have to do my small part in order to receive the help I need. 
Can you say "humility?" 

On top of that...
A month ago, my son sent a letter to the ward from his mission. It has been to the Young Women thanking them for letters they had written and to the bishopric and it was returned to me Sunday. I happened to think, "I may as well give it to the primary Presidency, maybe they would enjoy reading it." Well, little did I know that she would get up and use it then and there. It fit with the new theme of the month "service" and I forgot that he mentioned the primary in his letter. He had been the primary chorister before he left on his mission, and loved it.
 
I had forgotten. Talk about hit me while I'm down. 
I got the message.
The Lord works in mysterious ways. Some of our own making.
Will I keep complaining? Probably, it's a hard habit to break but maybe I'll choose something else to complain about instead of leading the singing in Primary.

Simple Pleasure: I heart the picture at the top of my blog. Every time I sign in I think, "How beautiful nature can be," and it cheers my soul.

No comments: