This week was GOOD! It was a whirlwind of "new"...new place, new people, new ways of thinking.
PLACE
As for the place, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I was just thinking, this is the last year they will be at this school, my old high school stomping ground. Next year they will be in the new school. Might as well enjoy it. I'm a bit concerned with safety... that place is bursting at the seams. Many classrooms are out of the way, with no windows... I hope I don't ever have to participate in a fire drill, or power outage. Ugh.
PEOPLE
The new people are GREAT! My cooperating teachers couldn't be easier to work with. I fell right into "teachers aid" mode, which I enjoy. The only difference is the age of the students. I'm not so sure I'm sold on teenagers. I'm use to elementary kids who are full of excitement for anything new, not teenagers who would rather sleep and not listen to a word you have to say.
THINKING
Like I said, I fell into being an aid with no problem. I ask myself, "Do I really want to be in charge?" I've got to switch my thinking somewhere down the line to being the teacher. I've been told I'll never be alone since we aren't at the beginning of a term. The curriculum is underway and the teachers love their job and I don't think they WANT to give it up, though they are totally willing to share.
All in all, I think this semester is going to fly by and I'm going to enjoy it and learn a lot. I feel very blessed to be where I am, working with the people that I do.
Simple Pleasure: A cooperating teacher that gives me an opportunity to paint during prep hour. YAY!
1 comment:
Good work. I am glad you are loving what you are doing.
Post a Comment