January 16, 2010

Week TWO

I had another great week. I am stretching my wings little by little. 

I've been taking over a couple of classes, oil painting and beginning drawing. I taught perspective on the orthographic scale, and on how to create archways. 
In oil painting the students are painting a still life in black and white to learn values. I enjoy being able to help the students. They are doing a pretty good job. 
Oh, I also did a demo in ceramics for a slab project... funny thing, I've never done an actual slab project. :) One thing I was taught is "Fake it till you make it." Who knew it would come in handy, so soon?
My cooperating teacher has encouraged me to go ahead and make a slab project for a sample. COOL!
I was thinking that student teaching would be hard, but here I am painting and doing ceramics. How lucky am I?
Time is flying by, and I hope I can accomplish everything I need too.  
Here's to one more week under my belt.

Simple Pleasure: Loving what I do.


No comments: