February 21, 2010

Week SEVEN

My teapot, in the works.
I'll get a finished picture soon.



I'm half way through!!! The end is in sight!!!

To be perfectly honest I love it, but I'm getting tired of being the student teacher and just want to be the one in charge. Who knew I would actually get to this point? I feel so grown up, I've finally after a million years come to the realization what I am going to be when I grow up. Of course, being a wife and mother are number one, but now I have plan #B, a back up emergency plan, and a empty nest filler.

I think fear has held me hostage quite often in life. I remember after helping the kids out at Parker thinking I should go take the test to become a Para-professional. I came home and told Bjorn about it and he said, "Why would you do that instead of actually doing what you love?" That being art.

I went up to the university, scared at what they might tell me, like; you will have to take math and english, yadah, yadah. THAT is what was holding me back. When they accepted all my credits, honored my Associates degree and told me what classes I needed to take, how close I was to getting a Bachelors Degree, I was in shock. And, NO MATH!

The journey began in 2007.

I'm probably getting ahead of myself but I'm glad to be getting over the "hump" of the semester. I hope I don't get to sick of my cooperating teachers or them me. It could happen, six more weeks to go.

Simple Pleasure: The WEEKEND! It recharges my battery, takes care of sleep-debt and gets me ready to do it all over again.


1 comment:

Valerie said...

that is one amazing looking tea pot!! Hmmm.... is my name on your list for Christmas this year?

You are my hero! I was thinking the other day that I need to go back to school... but got scared and pushed those feelings aside. You keep going!! Show people like me it can be done!!