February 14, 2010

Week Six

Usually I start at the beginning, but this time I am going to start at the end.  Saturday was jam packed with activities. First of all my baby hasn't got enough fingers to count birthday's on, he turned 11. We haven't had a party for a while so this was the year. Riley invited four of his friends and we took them to Green Canyon swimming. We had a picnic up there and the boys wore themselves out swimming for over three hours. They had a great time. 
I love this kid. He has a good heart and is always grateful for the smallest thing.
Happy Birthday Riley!

Braden was asked (girls choice) to the Valentine Dance by this hot little number. From what I can pull out of him, they went with a fun group and had a good time and for dinner they had "fettaccini-awesome-alfredo." Boys! You take what you can get when it comes to information.

As for the rest of the week...
 It's amazing, it seems like once Monday morning hits I just don't stop running until... well, maybe I don't ever stop running. Working in a school definitely has a way of putting life in the fast lane. I don't know if it is due to breaking things into semesters, trimester,or  following the holidays. But, there's something about it.

The Beginning Drawing class started this Chuck Close inspired project this week. This in my sample for the project. This is another project aimed at the importance of value. It's a doodlers dream. I had fun with it and hope the students do. They are doing self portraits. I didn't. 

I continue to love teaching. I think the kids are beginning to trust my judgement, and ask questions of me more often. I know they love their teachers and it's hard for them to have student teachers from the college. They even talked about it in class one day. One girl said, "No offense, but I hate when there is a student teacher, especially the young ones." They continued to say... "We don't mind you, your different." I am guessing it's a good thing? 
This week I had a girl ask me if she could call me Mrs. "T"-Pain... WHAT? I said Mrs. "T", yes but I don't think I cause that much pain. This comes from a student that just pierced her lip this week, and wears military jackets... I question the team she's on even though she has a boyfriend.
High school kids are weird. Gotta love'em.

Simple Pleasures: Mrs. Richard's Butterscotch Carmel, mmmmmmmm!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Conn, you continue to amaze me with your talent! All the pieces are beautiful!!

Braden looked especially handsome for his date. I know the girl he went with... B.E. I knew her in 4th grade...She's a nice girl.

Happy Birthday Riley!! You handsome guy! Do you know what this means? I've been in SOS for 11 years! He was a new born when I joined. Terry will flip when you tell her. :)

Unknown said...

COnnie, This is Terra's sister. I want to learn how to do your Marilyn Monroe picture that is awesome. PLease teach me. brookecrandall@hotmail.com