It was good teaching week. I really enjoy the Oil Painting class... even the weird kid doesn't bother me. Ha ha. The main class I've been working with is the Beginning Drawing class. I introduced head drawing to them, had to do a pre assessment then work with them all week. Friday was their final assessment and they have improved dramatically. Sadly there's not much time to spend on each project. It becomes just an introduction then on to the next thing. Needless to say, I am excited to be working with them and feel like they are my little babies. These two classes are basically mine now. New projects on Monday for both classes. I did a sample of the next project and should post a picture of it, next time.
Ceramics is basically my class too, but everyone is going in different direction, doing different assignments. I am putting together another sample for that class, a teapot... I love doing that. It's like cheap therapy to get my hands on something. I'll have to post a picture next week too.
So far, so good. I love it.
I have to mention that the Youth Art Center is still going strong. We added a new class of little girls. Yes, a whole class of girls between the ages of 5-8 years old! We can draw and color butterflies, flowers and use pink and purple. Ha ha They love it. A couple of girls have brought me gifts and I have evolved to be "Mrs. T". So adorable. Thorkelson can be a mouth full.
Art all day, and art at night.
Simple Pleasure: Comfy shoes!! Anything without heals.
1 comment:
I would love to be in your class, even though I don't have an artistic bone in my body. I'm sure all the students love you!
Post a Comment