March 21, 2010

Week Eleven

There was nothing exciting about school this week. Week eleven down and two to go.
The main event came on Thursday. The day I have been preparing for and anticipating. I was to make a compilation of lesson plans, hand outs, examples, pre assessments and post assessments from teaching during the last ten weeks. I had my scheduled appointment to present what I had done, learned, and could do differently in the future. I was called into the room and within ten minutes was DONE. I was deflated. There were two people I was presenting to and one guy wasn't even listening to me, distracted by others in the room. Hello? I would look right at him and he was looking over my head at everyone else. When asked about reflecting on the lessons I had given, I went to answer but was told "they didn't want to hear about it, just wanted to know if I had done it." Now apparently I'm ready to go out in the world and be a part of the education system. *sigh*

Friday I was able to go with a group from BYUI to visit the Springville Art Museum, mostly art education majors. They are having a show of Utah valley high school art work that I was interested in seeing. We also went to the BYU gallery. I was surprised to see a couple of original Rockwell paintings, an N.C. Wyeth, a Sargent, a Bloch, it was a feast for the eyes. Then we went to the Church History Museum. It was a much needed day trip. It was very fun to get away just for the day.

The FAM
Braden and Shawn had events this week. Tuesday Shawn had a band clinic with a concert at 6pm and Braden had a Belcantos concert at 7:30 pm. I was able to get from one right to the other. A good job by all. I was jealous of Braden, not just because he gets to sing with a great choir but he was able to play the tambourine during one of the songs. I always thought that would be fun, like Karen on the Partridge Family.
Wednesday Braden went to Boise for All State Mixed Choir. He had a great time.
Riley got a letter from a friend in Korea, a very cute girl. T'Jae hooked them up as pen pals.
Thork didn't have such a good week. There's always something...

Simple Pleasure: The sunshine!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I was very impressed with Braden's tamourine playing abilities! To be able to play with rhythm and STILL SING.... woah! He's da man!
The concert was great. I didn't see you though.... :(

Glad you had a fun trip but sad about not being listened to. When you have a moment, read The Hunger Games and you'll see how the main character deals with people who don't pay attention when they should.... (that's a teaser to make you excited to read the book!)