This is the "proclaimed finished" painting of a master. I had to stop before I ruined it. The original was done by Sergei Bongart. I love his work it's loose and colorful.
AWE.
I can't let my mind wander to places that are free and breezy yet. So,... back to the post.
This little ceramic box became a learning experience for all. I was anxious to get it done and accidently glazed it before it was fired. Oops. I scrubbed the glaze off as good as I could, left some of the glaze in the textured areas and then bisque fired it to see what would happen.
IT SURVIVED!
After the bisque fire I glazed it with a natural thin glaze to maintain the look of the first firing and it worked! I told them they should name this process after me. Ha ha
I've got a platter I did the same process with. I had to see if it was just a fluke or if it actually IS a usable process. That's me, I'm all about perfecting the process of "oops."
My favorite statement this week came from a girl who sadly reminds me of myself in high school except she has gianormous boobs. I happened to say "Are you a little A.D.D sweetie?" She replied, "No, I'm A.D.S.O." and I said, "What is that?" to which she answered, "It's Attention Deficit... OOoooh Shiny."
I love it.
Three more weeks! Yeah!
I had my final visit from my supervisor, which is never a fun experience. I freeze up, who knows why?
I've got my work sample done. It's a compilation of lesson plans that I have given through the semester that I turn in this week.
Now I can go back to free and breezy thoughts as I do the laundry and try to re-stock the fridge for another week. (*sigh*)
The FAM
Braden didn't make it to State for his Solo, but he is going with the choir anyway.
In his words, he is "helping the family out" by staying at grandma's and saving gas money. Ya, whatever.... good thing he has parents that are to tired to argue that one.
Last night I kept dreaming about T'Jae. We were suppose to get to the airport to pick him up but Bjorn wouldn't get off the couch, I couldn't find my phone, it was 6 pm and that is when his plane was suppose to be coming in and we hadn't even left yet. I was freaking because he couldn't call me if his plane did get in, because I had a strange phone, someone had to go to the bathroom right when we started to load the car... blah, blah, blah. I finally woke up because it was so stressful. Enough said.
Accurasee has picked up and we have sold 20 kits in the last couple weeks. Thank you to whomever is praying for us.
And, a BIG Thank You to my 2 readers that leave comments. I love you guys!
Simple Pleasure: A crisp apple. (Rare this time of year but when you get one. Mmmm!)
3 comments:
Hey I have apple pie filling coming out of my ears down here and a great recipe!!! Let me know if you want some. Love ya man let me know if you need any help with anything. (JUst thought I would offer) Stop by the library tomorrow. I always laugh at your posts. Thanks!
This post left Buttercup and I in tears.... tears of laughter! Your mini-highschool-you conversation was HILARIOUS!!! ADSO... so original! Thanks for brightening up our Sabbath!
ADSO! That is hilarious. I can't wait to use that. I love your ceramic box. It is so cool. Speaking of T'Jae, when will he be back? Isn't it this month? I love your posts. They make me wonder what my student teacher is thinking.
Post a Comment