May 31, 2010

The Untold Story

I have had this post saved for some time now and have been a little reluctant to post it. But, I only have a couple of followers sooooo...

A lot of my close friends know that we have had an incredibly challenging year. The economy has taken it's tole on artists. Paintings are a luxury, not a necessity... at least for the buyer. Of course, both Gregg and I knew that this could happen one day that is why we both went back to school to secure our future.
But time was not on our side,... or was it?

On May 6th a knock came to our door. It was a man holding a pile of papers enquiring if people were living at this property, because he works for Fannie Mae and THEY are the owners of this property and we need to vacate the property in 14 days. HUH? WHAT??

I told them they must be mistaken because we are currently awaiting word on a loan-modification. In December we went in, and being naive, put our lives in their hands completely. They mentioned the fact that we didn't have to do anything, don't even make a house payment because that will be taken care, it would be tacked on to the end of our loan and it usually takes six months to get a response back.

Well, apparently NOT and they DIDN'T take care of it and we were NEVER notified of a denial on the loan modification. We know people working on a fourth loan modification. Hello?!
We went to an attorney because we have heard of false claims being made without notification. Like I said, there was absolutely nothing.

Sparing you a few details; I'm in the middle of packing up 13 years of our life here. We've been keeping it quiet trying to live normal...

What pride we had has been stripped.
The educations... a little too late. The Accurasee business upswing... oh well?

BUT... Could it have happened at a better time? No. Boys out of school, summer...
We aren't in charge OBVIOUSLY, and heaven knows we would have stayed here forever had we not been pushed.

We planned on being out by the end of June but stuck around as I tried to apply for jobs. It's been disappointing to say the least as I learn the ropes the hard way. They don't tell you coming out of school about pre-screenings and other tricks to get your application to the top of the pile. I find this out after having put out more than 15 applications and resumes. Half of them never to be seen. Sheesh!

As we sit back and wait on the last 2 applications I have out there, we gave ourselves a deadline... we will move the last week of July. Waiting around for destiny is killing us. So, come what may we are moving on. Destination... Saint George, unless I get the ultimate shock of my life and pull down a job in Syracuse, UT. this coming week. HA! I've lost my mojo, or hope in the job department. But... we'll see.

I know, I know things could be worse. It's just been a waiting game and I'm getting tired of people asking where and when and I don't even know. I hope this to shall pass... soon... as I sit amongst the boxes that are packed.

The humbling thing that has come out of it is friends that have gone the extra mile, offered to help or their home and most importantly their prayers.


Simple Pleasure: Telling myself... I have what is important.


No comments: