June 21, 2010

Bear's OH MY!

First things first... Riley's team got 2nd in the championship game. They went undefeated until the last game. But, what a fun season (except for the weather).


Sunday we took a drive up around Warm River. It was beautiful. A big black cloud was following us but some how it was diverted and we didn't get rained on.


Braden and his friends went camping the weekend before and took a quick hike down to the bottom of Bear Gulch where it meets the river so he wanted to take us there. It was great.

I actually learned how to ski at Bear Gulch. I remember it was $6 for a child's ski pass. I learned that it was the second ski resort built in Idaho in 1938, Sun Valley was the first. I don't know when it closed down but I think it was before I was 12.

Here is a picture of Riley on the old chair lift.

Shawn pointing to a real live actual BEAR TRACK! AAAAH!!! Very cool... but NOT! I suppose the place got it's name for a reason.


There were some very handsome hikers down at the rivers edge from Florida, Tennessee and somewhere else but I wasn't listening... they were on a bachelors retreat before one of them got married. They offered to take our family picture. Thank you young handsome men.



We spotted this old bridge on our way home. It's all over-grown and in the trees. Braden said STOP let's go see it. So, we did.

Then we went home.

Simple Pleasure: Loving time with your family.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Apparently I haven't spent enough time in Bear Gulch and Warm River area. What great pictures! And what a fun day!! Thank you rain cloud for not spoiling the adventure!!