June 16, 2010

So They Say...

I keep hearing it's summer. Is it?
I think there was a moment of "summer" a couple days ago, the sun actually came out. But, today I'm wearing a sweater because it's cool and damp outside. (insert frowny face)
There's only one thing to do:

Find the positive in such gloomy weather...
  • I haven't watered the lawn once. I haven't even looked for a sprinkler.
  • I'm a fan of clothing. What is there to flaunt, really?
  • I don't care about getting tan.
  • I haven't had to worry about a pedicure or wearing sandals much.
  • I don't have to wash the car. It will rain again when I do.
  • It's not to hot to cook soup and chili. Yum.
  • Catching up on movies. (If there's time)
  • Rainbows!
Speaking of rainbows, last night we were at Riley's ball game. Baseball is usually a sign that summer is here. The weather held out, though big black clouds were looming. I just love the shot of him running off the mound with the rainbow behind him. He pitched three innings, had a great hit and of course his team won the game. They will be playing for championship this week. They are 14-0.

Summer school doesn't make it feel like summer even when "summer" is in the name. It just seems like school hasn't ended and I'm substituting for a very long time. This is one of my kindergarden classes. (I told them to peek over their paintings so I don't get in trouble for their identities. No one turn me in, please.) It's actually been a great experience learning classroom management, how to establish classroom routines and what works best with different projects. I have a great teachers aid that makes it seem easy. She's my back, picking up where I leave off and reminding kids how they are suppose to act, etc. I am grateful to Mr. Williams for letting me have this opportunity. He's the best principle ever.


I still can't get it through my head, I'm a real teacher!!! Certificate and all... well, all but a full-time job, but... I'm not going there. It's out of my hands.

Simple Pleasure: Strawberries, the fruit of summer. :)




1 comment:

Valerie said...

Summer? Eh? What's that? I'm going to buy a Christmas tree tomorrow...

The rainbow picture is WONDERFUL!!! And, the pic with the kids didn't show up on my computer, so no breach of confidentiality here....