This week I was able to spend some time visiting with my cousin from California.
Friday we went and did baptisms at the temple. A first for my cousins who were very excited to go. (Next year maybe we can get them to do more than just baptisms... *wink, wink.*)
A lady I was sitting by while waiting our turn was there with her kids and she leaned over and said, "This is my favorite place to be." I haven't been to do baptisms since I was in YW and haven't done any of the work since I was in YW myself. Watching all the volunteers and observing what was going on helped me remember that, yes, it is one of my favorite places to be, and the work goes on with or without me. I'd rather it be with me, so being by a temple is such a blessing.
I think my favorite part was watching my big boys. T'Jae was baptizing and when it was Braden's turn to be baptized it made my heart jump to see both my grown boys in the font together. I had to choke back the emotions.
Shawn wanted to come but wasn't prepared since it was a last minute idea. But next summer I could take all my boys because Riley will be 12. WoW! What a great thought.
Simple Pleasure: Worthy children.
2 comments:
Thank you for sharing this special day with us. I will never forget the experience, and to share this with all of you is a great joy. Love you tons!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the last pic of you and your boys! I'm glad it was such a cool experience! Can't wait to see next year's Temple trip with the cuz's!
Post a Comment