September 10, 2010

Gratitude

My mind hasn't easily wrapped around the challenges of this past year and the many changes that have come our way. That's when I know I've got to step back and count my blessings.

Here are a few things I am grateful for today:

  • Prayer. I am grateful to have someone to talk to no matter what, no matter where.
  • Family. No need to explain.
  • An extended summer. The weather is just beautiful here right now. We didn't get the chance to enjoy our summer, so now we can.
  • Nice people/neighbors. We've had cookies and food given to us, welcoming us to the neighborhood and people willing to lend us a hand as we get settled.
  • Our health. Lucky for us, we are all healthy. I know many families that are struggling with sick, hospitalized kids. I guess God knows I couldn't handle that challenge.
  • Work. G. Bjorn has his freelance work and I will be a Title 1 Teachers Aid-part time. I hope it helps get my foot in the door and known in the school district. I hope we can maintain, I hope the economy doesn't totally kill the little guys like artists, designers, construction workers...
  • Communication. I love being able to call my parents, sisters, and boys. And, by call I mean to text, to skype... whatever it takes to make the miles not seem so apparent between us. I talked to an old neighbor the other day and it made me smile. Loved it.
  • A swimming pool! I use to swim all the time. Mom taught swimming lessons at Porter Park, I was there. I was on the only swim team Rexburg had. I swam in college, was a life guard, got my WSI but never kept it up. It became impossible to use the college pool. Now we are close to a pool and hope to utilize it in getting back in shape. I have a rockin body under this layer of fat. Haha.
  • Love. Have I mentioned how much I love being a mom of the most wonderful boys in the world? Just saying. Love them.
Simple Pleasure: Chocolate. Breaking it down... Rocky Road ice cream, M&M's, chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips and sometimes dark chocolate because no one else likes it and I can eat it as slow as I want without is disappearing.

2 comments:

mom said...

What a great post...we all have so much to be thankful for.

Kati said...

Nice.

I, too have felt whacked out, and now I am feeling grateful for the calmness that was thrust upon me. I may get to read a good book this week. I get to make new skills happen, and I get to keep up on my blogs. (reading them, I mean.)I have a nice shopping center nearby, with good food and stores,and life is pretty great. Thanks for reminding. me.