The after school program has begun. Now kids can stay at school from 7:30 am with the promise of a hot breakfast, a balanced lunch, mid afternoon snack, and after school snack. Plus, they are supervised by people that don't get paid extra (because they are on a salary) and must create extra activities for them until they leave at 6:00 pm.
But, that's not the point I want to make.
I am helping with the program and I get to sit back and observe. The point I want to make is being able to relate to these kids that have to stay
ALL DAY LONG.
Do they want to
SIT and hear
BE QUIET, one more hour? NO! I wouldn't, that's for sure. They don't pay me enough to care if the students get a little crazy after a full day of school while I'm giving them an art project. It can get crazy, but again, I can relate.
 |
| Tons of kids in the after school program |
 |
| One assignment... only a couple of kids that listened. |
Grown ups have moments where they don't want to listen either. It can be school, church, or a meeting.
 |
| The way I handle a training meeting, Britney texting... |
 |
| Our leader... hahaha! |
 |
| Miss Sue |
 |
| The black coats |
These are a few pictures I took at a training meeting. We usually expect the kids to behave, but we don't. It was discussed and fully noted.
THE END
Simple Pleasure: Observing, being a people watcher and in turn understanding. (That's the hard part.)
2 comments:
you make some very valid points!
Ditto to "mom."
When can kids be kids? Run and play and "make a joyful noise?" 15 minutes of recess is NOT enough! You should offer a moving/talking loud class!
Post a Comment