June 14, 2011

3D Discovery

Bits and Pieces
 I made a discovery while looking for 3D lesson plans. You can cut soda cans with scissors! Isn't that brilliant. Who knew? Or should I say, "Woo-Woo knew?" I know it's been done, as a matter of fact my dad has a Pepsi can airplane somewhere that I may have to dig up and use as another example.
Can Art Creation
One of the classes I will be teaching is 3D Art. I haven't done any, but they say "Fake it until you make it," therefore I am trying to pull together some samples for myself and for class. With a trip to D.I. and a few finds, here's an example. It's bases on one of my favorite scripture stories from the Book of Mormon.

Behind are portions of scripture from the vision of the Tree of Life. (From a B of M that was falling apart.)

The ornament hanging down reminds me of the Liahona that would work based on faith and  righteous living.

The bottom part is the Tree of Life bearing fruit, and at it's foot is a candle holder which will have a candle representing sharing the gospel light.

Here is a blurry picture of the whole thing. Today I got a candle for it and it looks complete but my camera battery is charging.  A better photo another day.

I took another trip to D. I. for some more odds and ends to make something else. It's going to be a little more on the weird side, just the way I like it.

Simple Pleasure: Time spent imagining.







3 comments:

Anne said...

I love it!!! You must teach me before you leave me!!!!

Rochelle said...

Connie, you are so creative! I love what you did. Keep up the good work!

Valerie said...

Not only a 3-D art project, but a potential SOS craft! I love it!!