Wednesday I drove up to Cedar City for an interview with Iron County School District for a grant funded full time elementary art position.
Thursday I was lucky enough to talk the family into coming up to Northern Utah AGAIN for interviews Friday morning at Weber H. S. and Thomas Edison Charter School K-8 in Logan. Woosh!
It was like an interview marathon! After my interview in Logan I check my phone for calls and I had a call from Sunset Ridge Middle School in West Jordan. EEEEK! I was afraid to call them back because I would rather get rejected by email or voicemail. I wasn't going to call them trapped in a car with a captivated audience listening in. I waited for a potty stop which came quickly with Riley. That child has left his mark in many a town. I mustered the courage to called and was surprised to hear the words, "We think you would be a great fit for our school." I accepted! What great news to take up to mom and dad! Since we were only 2 1/2 hours away we went to Idaho.
We relaxed Saturday, and even found ourselves up at the river for an evening picnic.
| The boys. |
| My dad and his cat that is so old we don't know how old she is. I wish that was the case with people. |
| Mom relaxing with us. |
| We gotta get a pic in there every now and then. |
I decided to stay with Janet in Utah while Gregg Bjorn headed home taking Rees's car that was stranded in Orem at Eric's. He was stressing about a job that I took him away from to come with me so it worked out fine. Monday morning Janet took me out to Sunset Ridge, the school I will be working at. It's still surreal to me. The other full time art teacher met me there and showed me MY FaBuLoUs classroom! I couldn't be more pleased. They value the arts, they are planning on growth not cuts, and it shows.
The boys and I headed back home in a fierce head wind that literally pushed us back despite cruising along at 80mph.
We made it JUST in time for a quick change and off to a ballgame. In beautiful weather minus the wind. Shawn got on first with a fantastic hit and he pitched a couple innings. It was a horrible game otherwise because the other team was up by18 and Shawn's coach wouldn't call it... until the other team was up by 20. He's got what we call "American Idol" syndrome, where he can't see reality. I think he thought they could make a come back... even though they only won one game all season. Can you say "mercy?" Tough season for the boy but he hung in there despite the challenges.
That was my week. It was crazy but ended well.
This chapter has been a l o n g one. It finally took the realization that blessings come after trial and after doing all I can do. I didn't want slacking to be apparent on my part. I hit the road and the internet like crazy to find opportunities to apply. I can't tell you how many applications I've sent off and how many interviews I've had. This year alone I've had 10! Ten real interviews! Ugh. Between last year and this year alone I would guess I sent out more than 60 resumes/applications and have had more than 20 interviews.
Another lesson learned: Have child-like faith, which is faith without question. My faith has been tried and I became pretty good at questioning my worth, whether prayers are even heard, or if my trials even mattered in a world full of pain, sorrow and tragedy. It's better to leave the questions and doubts behind. Pray for others and their trials, and not worry. I actually got sick of hearing my own pleas and had to stop and leave it up to the powers that be and... be accepting of the "now."
Simple Pleasure: Saying hello to a new chapter of life.
4 comments:
Connie, I am very excited for you! Way to hang in there. I guess we all have to learn that it is Heavenly Father's will that will be done and not our own. You will be great!
Connie, that is wonderful news. I'm so happy for you. Sometimes we have to wait for the perfect job to come along and it sounds like the wait will be worth it. Will you guys be moving up to West Jordan then?
Congratulations!
Thank you for sharing. You brought tears to my eyes.
Of course, it goes without saying, that I'm so happy for you and your family! You're going to rock the new job!
Post a Comment