Frei's
Fruit Market. You can go buy
fresh produce that is locally grown all summer and into the fall. It's a
quaint little place in Santa Clara, it may actually define Santa Clara in my mind.
(The Jacob Hamblin House actually does, but....) On hot days they have the misters going to keep you cool. It was only
in the 90's and overcast when I took this picture. I wanted to buy a watermelon... but I didn't because I have packed the big knifes and bowls, and basically everything. Darn.
What
kind of person would I be if I didn't mention the temple being one of
my favorite places? It is the whitest building I have ever seen. I love
going up on the bluff and looking down upon it from the red rocks, and I
love driving up next to it and seeing it against all the beautiful
greenery. I love going into it to find peace and quiet my mind. Of
course it's one of my favorite places.
I
quickly took this while I was driving. I've never seen so many
sculptures in one town. They actually have a walking tour down Main
Street that anyone can/should take the time to see. I suggest coming to a Gallery Art Walk as well. They are trying to bring art into the community and you will find it on Main. (Sadly, they don't see the importance of it in their schools, hence the reason we have to move.)
Another quick drive-by photo. I love the flowering trees. I
have never seen the varieties of trees they have here in all my life.
This spring the cactus's were in bloom and I should have taken pictures,
they were amazing. Last fall the roses were incredible! I mean...
INCREDIBLE! I've never seen rose bushes dripping with so many blossoms,
literally. This is the desert for crying out loud but I love all the
vegetation that can be found here.
Another favorite thing is a
store called "Urban Renewal" I love it and one day hope to make
purchases there but haven't been able to. It's old stuff and new stuff,
it's second chance at life stuff. I can't explain it. It's just
everything I covet.
That is probably all I will be able to post for my "Favorite Things" because tomorrow we are out of here.
Simple Pleasure: It's always the "little" things.
2 comments:
Those are some of my favorite things too - farmers' markets, temples, etc., etc. Good luck on the move!
thank heavens you live close enough to visit!! I know The George will miss you just as much as we do! Can't wait to hear about the move! And school starts soon!! Yippee!!
Post a Comment