August 4, 2011

We Made It to West Jordan!

Moving stinks... plain and simple.
Many hands came to help us move. The 100+ temps made it a hot and sweaty task. 
Is there EVER enough room? NO! Even after down sizing last year the truck was packed to the rafters with no room for a few straggling items.
We arrived in West Jordan Friday evening with family waiting to help us unpack.
Gregg ended up sicker than a dog. I think it was heat exhaustion. Since it was the weekend we had to wait to get the gas hooked up, the internet connection, etc. Thank heaven we have family around so we could retreat to air conditioning and a shower.
By Wednesday life was back to normal, only a few boxes left unpacked, hot water, AC, internet and TV hooked up. Relief.
I keep forgetting that we didn't move from Idaho. It almost seems like St. George was a dream. It's really weird.
That's the long and the short of our move.
We are out in the country, (Some people think Tooele...) in a neighborhood, close to the school. I think this will be a nice stop in our journey. We hope to stay here a while.

Simple Pleasure: Settling in for a spell.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Yay for country living! Yay for a new job! Yay for being settled! When does school start?

Rochelle said...

Good Luck on your new adventure. I hope you enjoy it there.