October 23, 2011

Fall Break

I should have taken pictures, but I didn't. Sorry.

Wednesday evening we made our way to Rexburg. I was SO ready for a break the minute we got in the car I relaxed and was out for the count practically. It felt good to not think one more moment about lessons, meetings, and grading and being prepared for observations, etc.

T'Jae was there to greet us when we got in. He wanted me to play a joke on some friends of his about him having a twin but I was so tired I didn't have a clue what he was talking about until the next morning. Haha!! I tell ya, I was beyond wiped out. So much for that joke.

Thursday I went to my sisters to help her can apple pie filling, come to find out it was for me. She sent home 2 batches of apple pie filling with us. What a surprise!

I had a successful D.I. visit. I even made money! How? I bought a $4 skirt with $12 in the pocket. Boo Yah!!!

The next day, Friday, the same thing happened. I thought I was helping mom make salsa with accept-ion of one batch we made really hot, but she sent all 3 batches home with us. What at complete score. They thought they were putting me to work on my vacation, little do they know I love canning and it WAS a vacation to me. I haven't been able to can all year and I miss it. There's something fulfilling about filling up all those empty bottles.

I met up with the SOS ladies for lunch on Friday too. They are so nice to do that when I come up. It's always nice to catch up. Gregg and I also called some friends, the Miskins, and went out to dinner which was fun. I swear they are the only people we know with a crazier life than ours.

Mom made us breakfasts and yummy dinners. I love when someone else cooks, it tastes so much better for some reason.

Dad is turning into Dr. Dolittle feeding squirrels and doves in his back yard. Pepper Ann, my dog doesn't even chase them. What's with that? It was good to see her too. She's getting spoiled... fat!
This is the only picture I took as the morning light came up. The sun was beautiful shining through the corn stalks that I wish I could take home to decorate with. The fall weather is gorgeous, my favorite.

Now it's back to reality. It came so quickly, but I won't complain because any break is better than no break at all.

Simple Pleasure: Home, Family, Friends.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

sounds like a great time! Lucky you to get apple pie filling and salsa! I think I will go to DI and check out that mirror!

terra said...

glad you had a great time.

Valerie said...

Our lunch was much too fast! Wait! It's because I had to leave early! Dang wedding dress... ;)

Thanks for taking time away from all that canning. I wish we still could see you once a month. But I'll take what I can get!

little pink moth said...

Wow, we don't even have a DI here. There's a Goodwill, but I'm taking chances with my life when I go there! You can come and can with me anytime.