Testimony meetings come and they go. I am a "crier" so I don't get up often. I wait and see if there is another crier in the ward to follow, silly I know. But, still... This weighs on my mind, having the fear to stand and sound like Minnie Mouse when I talk, with a crinkled face. I want to share it, I want to "Rise and Shine Forth" like the new YW theme this year.
I don't know where to start. Create goals? I'm not good at setting goals because I don't like failing, but what have I got to lose at my age? If I have more than one goal I might just succeed at at least one. Who knows until I try?
Okay, I have an idea... since this is basically journaling, I'll share my testimony. Tear free.
I have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is my Savior.
I am grateful for prayer, even at times when I feel far away from the spirit. I will always pray whether I'm weak or strong. It gives me comfort and reminds me I'm never alone.
I have a testimony of the scriptures, the Book of Mormon. I know it's true. I appreciate the words found in Nephi, Alma, Helaman and other prophets which gives me a testimony of Joseph Smith.
I am grateful for family, for having ancestor that had faith to follow the prophet and travel as pioneers across the plains. Their stories strengthen me.
I have a testimony of temple work. I am grateful each time I can take one of my children to go through for themselves. I'm humbled by my boys who grow up, receive the priesthood and have the desire to serve missions.
The gospel means so much to me, it's part of my very being.
The last few years have been strange. I don't know if our trials are over, but trials have helped us realize what is important in life. If you can't take it with you when you die, it's not important. Our memories, our families and our testimonies that is all that can go with us. That's what's important.
I pray that we end up where we are suppose to be and that we will be able to help others and serve like we would like to one day.
Again, I love my Savior. This is my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Simple Pleasure: The opportunity to Rise and Shine.
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing your testimony! You are awesome!
Thanks for your testimony, Connie! And don't worry -- I am a crier, too. I don't think people really judge you for being a crier. They usually tell me afterwards that they enjoyed hearing my testimony and don't even mention the crying. :) I'm glad you shared it here, though!
And thanks for your sweet comment about our rotten week. I appreciate knowing you're good for a smoothie, but why not stop by our new place when it's absolutely put together and I don't look like a chipmunk? Consider you and Gregg (and whichever boys would like to come) invited to the upcoming housewarming party.
Amen, Sistah.
Post a Comment