August 26, 2012

Life is Random

Most of the time I feel like life isn't that exciting. It's hard, it's a lot of work... yes, I've become a party pooper of sorts. The last few years have been so tough, it's hardened my heart in a lot of ways. A person may not see it on the outside, and if you do it's been a bad day, but its mostly battles that are waging on the inside.
I think it takes a special person to look at the every day and the random things in life that makes you smile. It's a goal of mine, to be a happier person so, I'm going to try, here and now. Baby steps.

 Riley is enjoying our new jet tub... and he got a little carried away with the bubbles. I see this picture of him with the bubble afro it makes me smile... and giggle a little bit really. I'm glad I had my camera when I heard him yell, "Mom, you've got to see this!" Those were some strong bubbles.
 We went into the city which is always an adventure. There's interesting people and places. We went to The Noodle Company for lunch and I will never need to return. Lame. We hung out at the Library which is very nice. I just wish I could of taken home some books but there won't be anytime to read now that school is starting. I did take a look at some magazines that I will soon subscribe too. That's exciting. Seriously.

 I don't know about you but I love to walk by the fresh peaches at the store. They are so fragrant. I bought these peaches at a road side stand, because I trust that they will be better than the stores selection.  I can't let the season go by without devouring a few of these babies. Delicious.
 It was such a wonderful day when we realized our kids had out grown the play areas at the fast food restaurants. We stopped to get ice cream cones and look what the boys discovered... basketball for big kids!!! Are you kidding me? McDonald's you've really done it this time. I swear in the last couple months we've been to McDonald's more than we should. It all started with the spicy chicken bites... with real chicken, then happy hour for half price smoothies, ice cream, now this? Insane. I don't even like McDonald's but you'd never know it. Hey, the boys were loving it and it made me smile.
 Anyway, that's a start. Looking at the random little things, mindless moments that don't require to much thought. I found out I find contentment in random things, like washing dishes, folding laundry, reading blogs and cleaning the scum out of the tub after someone went bubble crazy. Who would have thought, had I not thought about it? Life...




2 comments:

Rochelle said...

The feet in the pictures really add. I agree with you that it is the random things that make life better.

Lindsay said...

Isn't the library downtown fantastic? I love it. And I'm going to send you an invite to watch a chick flick with me. You need a girls' night. :)